Hi, Thanks for stopping by--I am a poet/writer/performer and artist living in the San Francisco bay area. I started a few blogs but i finally figured out my direction in terms of my artistic vision and this blog expresses that.
My blog also gives a glimpse into my writing life, and the steps I take to "keep it real" and subvert some of the things that come with the writer's life--things I find antagonizing---like constantly questioning my own direction, when I am always pushing and revolutionizing form.
I realized a long time ago, when I went to poetry readings and delivered my work at open mics, that I felt an uneasiness or I felt extremely uncomfortable in alot of ways. It took a long time to analyze and discover that this feeling was one of alienation and not fitting in---it wasn't so much that I didn't understand why I couldn't be like "others"(and more on that later) but 1. I realized I had multi-level artistic skills to develop due to my overall artistic vision and 2. I realized I had to carve out my own niche---I am quite different from everyone else--in my identity, and style---but this blog is a reflection of what I have come to accept: I have to do it all my way, on my terms, whether I get recognition or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment